AdventHealth Registered Nurse ICU PRN Days in Dade City, Florida
- Demonstrate, through behavior, Florida Hospital Zephyrhills’s core values of Christian Mission, Quality and Service Excellence, Compassion, Focus on Community Wellness, Cultural Diversity, and High Ethical Standards, as outlined in the organization’s System of Care program.
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations with the assistance of health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Completes documentation per organizational policy.
- Ensures safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
- Responds with confidence and adapts to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and efficient during stressful situations.
- Assists department management in developing and implementing new and evidence-based standards of care for the critically ill patient.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of ACLS and Critical Care policies and procedures.
- The Critical Care RN will display proficient clinical critical care skills and critical thinking skills with strong communication skills. Basic computer skills and commitment to hourly patient rounding required.
- Previous Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record (Preferred)
- Previous EKG Interpretation Class (Preferred)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification
- NIHSS stroke certification within 30 days of hire
- BSN and/or MSN (Preferred)
- 2-4 years relevant clinical nurse experience (Preferred)
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.