AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager ICU FT Nights $10k Sign-on Bonus in Davenport, Florida
Assistant Nurse Manager ICU AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
- As a part of the AdventHealth Network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
- High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association, and the American Diabetes Association.
- Located in Davenport, FL, AdventHealth Heart of Florida is close to major destinations like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837 to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Lead the Employees - Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and reports findings to the nurse manager to takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- The reassignment of employees for the betterment of patient care delivery.
- Suspension or other discipline (after consultation with HR and/or NM) for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority.
- Periodic evaluations of supervised employees. Recommends promotion of supervised employees, recommends bonuses and awarding of other discretionary rewards to supervised employees.
- The assignment of employees to particular duties or activities or to authorize and assign overtime to employees where appropriate.
- The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work, overtime schedule, and other work-related matters.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills.
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit.
What Will You Need:
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience.
- Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements.
- Professional certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.