AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager Medsurg FT Days in Davenport, Florida
Assistant Nurse Manager Medical Surgical Unit FT Days AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time Days
*Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus and up to $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time 24 month employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- The reassignment of employees for the betterment of patient care delivery.
- Suspension or other discipline (after consultation with HR and/or NM) for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority.
- Periodic evaluations of supervised employees. Recommends promotion of supervised employees, recommends bonuses and awarding of other discretionary rewards to supervised employees.
- The assignment of employees to particular duties or activities or to authorize and assign overtime to employees where appropriate.
The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work overtime scheduling, and other work-related matters.
Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM
Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
Business of Healthcare Delivery – Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics and healthcare public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care
Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Technology – Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.