AdventHealth Cancer Care RN Navigator FT Days in Davenport, Florida
Cancer Care RN Navigator FT Days
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
- As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
- High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
- Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Day Shift
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Cancer Care Navigator supports patients in navigating the oncology medical system. Serves as a primary point of intake; assuring patients have appropriate and timely medical and supportive services on an ongoing basis. In addition, this position supports data collection, tumor board processes/participation, and marketing/community outreach efforts. Supports activities related to the High Risk Cancer Screening Programs. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Facilitates an evidence-based, multidisciplinary, multispecialty approach to cancer care throughout the care continuum. Navigates care for newly diagnosed Cancer patients and as needed for patients recommended for biopsy and/or other invasive therapies.
- Collaborates with supervisor in navigating patients (needs ranging from minimal to complex) from the diagnostic phase through treatment planning, medical management, and surveillance/ survivorship assuring patients have appropriate, timely, medical, and supportive services. Supports activities related to the High Risk Cancer Screening Programs.
- Completes accurate data collection with all appropriate information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Remains current in evidence-based cancer practice and new emerging trends in area of cancer specialty.
- Participates in and supports (per direction of supervisor) Tumor Boards, Journal Clubs, and other physician education venues. Involvement with these programs may include preparing patient history/ summary, requesting pathology and radiology reports, operating technical equipment, following up with physician team regarding treatment recommendation, etc.
- Serves as an educational resource for patients undergoing initial treatment, as well as patients undergoing changes to existing treatment. Supports patient/family education programs providing both one-on-one sessions and group forums. Provides patient/family education for chemotherapy and biotherapy including mechanism of action, expected side effect management, and tumor site specific information.
- Supports program awareness within the physician community and community at large.
- Develops appropriate relationships to maximize patient experience across departmental, campus, and physician/provider lines.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Ability to provide age appropriate cancer education
- Strong organizational, communication, and customer relation skills
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize in-house and external oncology resources
- Ability to multitask and function in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED :
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Three years of experience in Oncology Nursing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees in Nursing
- Five years experience in Oncology Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- National Certification: Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) through the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.