All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Time Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location: 2217 NORTH BLVD W, STE B, Davenport, 33837
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
The role you’ll contribute: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of Florida Statues Title XXXII: Regulations of Professionals and Occupations. Chapter 458. Medical Assistants assist in various aspects of medical practice until the direct supervisor and responsibility of a physician. Responsibilities may include: patient care management, administrative and clinical procedures. . In all practice endeavors the medical Assistant will adhere to ethical and professional practice.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Reviews appointment bookings in advance and ensure patients receive appointment reminders.
· Verify and validate insurance prior to appointment date.
· Completes chart abstraction/prep chart activities prior to patient visit.
· Rooms patient and completes screenings, history taking, vitals signs, medication reconciliation, and other relevant intake needs.
· Prepares the patient and room for physical assessment or procedure.
· Educate patients regarding tests, medications, diet information.
· Complies with office policy and procedures for OSHA, CLIA and Infection Prevention standards.
· Supports the development of staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary to facilitate a smooth workflow.
· Maintains the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Display a caring and professional consumer focus attitude at all times
· Able to communicate in writing and verbally clearly and effectively with patients and co-workers.
· Demonstrates ability to utilize numerous technology software, such as the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
· Updates clinical and medical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities for professional growth.
· Proactively suggests quality improvement ideas and patient safety ideas
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
· BLS Certification (condition of employment)
· Certified or Registered medical assistant certification from an AdventHealth approved certified body.
· Knowledge of EHR
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23042399
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Davenport, FL
Job ID: 23042399
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day