AdventHealth Chaplain I PRN - Heart of Florida in Davenport, Florida
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Clinically trained minister responsible for providing spiritual care to our primary customers, partners,
and team members. Participates as a member of the healthcare team in evaluating spiritual needs of
patients, and providing appropriate interventions to meet such needs. Fosters a sense of mission that
enhances a culture of Trust, experience of Belonging, and a future of Hope within the hospital and the
healthcare team. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in
maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
- Assesses spiritual needs of patients and provides appropriate interventions with consideration to growth development needs and age group
- Receives referrals from all members of the healthcare team, and follows up on these referrals within 24 hours
- May develop a pastoral care plan for patients by identifying objectives, interventions and desired outcomes.
- Available for on-call duty (nights, weekends, holidays) as scheduled by the Senior Director/ Associate Director of Pastoral Care
- Participates in patient-care rounds and discharge planning process
- Communicates appropriate information to the interdisciplinary team through appropriate charting on the Spiritual Clinical Consult Form in the medical record
- Exhibits knowledge of the levels of growth, development, and skills for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Personal commitment to God.
- Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress.
- Ability to effectively relate to persons of diverse religious, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to earn respect of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Master of Divinity degree
- Minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Congregational pastoral experience
- Four-unit residency in Clinical Pastoral Education
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Ordination/licensure as minister in good standing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- Board Certification with the Association of Professional Chaplains
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Pastoral Care
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.