YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Director- Business Intelligence - AdventHealth Polk Market- AdventHealth Heart of Florida and AdventHealth Lake Wakes– FT
Location Address: 40101 US-27, Davenport, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Close proximity to Walt Disney World
Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
Beautiful local golf courses available year round
Faith-based work environment
Full Time 8a – 5p, M-F
The Business Intelligence Director is responsible for ensuring that the Business Intelligence needs of Financial Informatics customers are met in a timely and accurate manner to help support efforts to continually improve or optimize hospital financial integrity and performance. The Director is responsible for working with IT to create, develop, and maintain optimal data models, structures, and linkages in order to fully leverage business intelligence applications. This includes specific tasks such as accurately querying needed raw data, exporting data from primary sources, transforming such data as necessary, and then loading the transformed data into one or more business intelligence software environments for data presentation, analysis, and further manipulation by other team members. The incumbent is responsible for working with senior leadership to set the future vision and direction of the department. These responsibilities require the Director to strategize on, develop, support, evaluate, and implement projects, solutions, initiatives, processes, and procedures that position Financial Informatics to perform at peak efficiency and effectiveness. Additionally, these responsibilities require the Director to help provide the department with leadership and direct managerial oversight. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. This position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Leads, directs, and oversees data governance, design, infrastructure, maintenance, implementation, integration, development activities, and usage decisions related to business intelligence applications, tools, and enterprise data warehouses solutions to effectively support the data needs of the Managers, Business Analysts, and other members of the Financial Informatics team.
• Partners with senior executives to understand and deliver both performance insights and key informatics solutions and advocate for data-driven decisions and strong data governance
• Leads, schedules, and troubleshoots technical implementations, from data definitions to models to end user reporting
• Utilizes critical and analytical thinking skills, and proficiency in software tools and job functions in the coordination of key projects.
• Leads, mentors, and trains business intelligence developers and architects to provide BI technical solutions as well as actionable information
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Understands the following as they pertain to financial information: Federal and State statutes, HIPAA regulations, IRS regulations, SEC requirements, GAAP rules, CMS rules and regulations, DNV ISO/NIAHO standards and/or Baldrige National Quality standards.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for establishing budgets, organization structures and staffing, presents written and verbal directions to employees to ensure well-informed status of employees in performance of their job requirements as indicated.
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
• Provides oversight, direction, leadership, and operational support with regard to the execution and/or implementation of initiatives, analyses, reports, and special projects to ensure the analytical or decision support needs of Financial Informatics' customers are met in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems while working with internal and external information technology partners to reach company goals
• Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY:
• Communicates in a positive manner and presents effectively with Directors, Vice Presidents, customers, and co-workers both written and verbally.
• Responsible for monitoring employee performance, providing feedback at 90 days and annually, the professional development and coaching of team members, and, if appropriate, disciplining employees according to guidelines established by senior leadership and the Human Resources Department.
• Manages dispersed teams where positions are funded in other departments to improve collaboration, such as Performance Improvement to improve connections with clinical operations and Corporate Analytics to improve alignment with technical data warehousing and corporate reporting.
What You will Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting, Computer Science, Data Science, Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Economics or related field.
• Master’s degree in either Data Science, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Economics or related field.
• Five years of Finance experience.
• Three years of management and/or leadership experience in Business Intelligence.
• Fifteen years of Management and/or Leadership experience with specific emphasis on accounting practice, cost accounting, statistical analysis, budgeting, management decision making, reporting, financial modeling.
• Fifteen years’ experience using business-related systems in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Billing, Reimbursement, Budgeting, Decision Support.
• Fifteen years’ experience working with Information Systems and Technology, including software design and development, computer programming, data analytics, IT project management.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA)
• Diplomat status of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (CPHIMSS)
• Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
• American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
• Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
Must have knowledge that encompasses how healthcare systems and processes work together in producing business information, including:
• Clinical & Medical Systems (orders & documentation) • Revenue & Billing Systems (charges, denials, appeals) • Payer Contracts (contractual allowances)
• Reimbursement Systems (coding & payments) • Materials Management & Accounts Payable • Human Resources &
• Finance (General Ledger) & Budget • Facilities Management (capital assets) • Decision Support, Analytics & Business Intelligence
• Exercise objective judgment and utilize critical thinking skills
• Strong business acumen and leadership skills, builds and motivates effective teams across multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization, manages conflict toward the resolution of complex problems, sets priorities, clearly defining roles, responsibilities and objectives, promotes professional development, and holds teams accountable to high standards of customer service in a professional, courteous, and impartial manner.
• Works in a fast pace, dynamic environment on mission critical deadlines, identifies critical tasks and follows-up to make sure they get done, delivering projects on-time and within budget.
• Grasps the big picture, plans and prioritizes accomplishment of key organizational objectives, works in a matrix-management environment, requires limited executive oversight, and has organizational skills and can multi-task oversight of many teams and complex projects occurring simultaneously.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, able to apply knowledge to systematically untangle complex problems and demonstrates leadership skills directing the gathering of needs, collecting data, performing analyses, organizing, presenting and recommending to executives for surpassing problems and taking initiative to identify opportunities for applying technologies to improve financial results.
• Understands business process analysis techniques, including Current State/Future State Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Impact Analysis, Risk/Mitigation, Financial Quantification, Six Sigma.
• Understands information systems concepts and design, with working knowledge of databases, querying languages (SQL, M, DAX, etc.), data warehousing, and one or more major Business Intelligence applications (i.e., Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, BusinessObjects, etc.)
• Implements rigorous accounting and audit procedures to make sure information is accurate and that systems achieve expected value.
• Effective oral, written and presentation skills, with ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to audiences at all levels of staff while building and maintaining trust in relationships including higher levels of leadership.
• Possession of an array of character traits including, but not necessarily limited to, the following: self-motivated, detail-oriented, results-oriented, outstanding customer service skills, discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature, superior prioritization skills in order to perform effectively while working within tight time constraints, and ability to manage an array of people, projects, and deadlines
• Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Microsoft operating system.
• Extensive knowledge of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
• Extensive knowledge of statistics
• In-depth knowledge and ability to navigate hospital’s multiple information systems including, but not necessarily limited to, Cerner, SunCare, Oracle and DB2 /QMF.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Req ID: 21023673
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.