AdventHealth Director - Materials Management - AdventHealth Heart of Florida in Davenport, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Director Materials Management AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time – 8a – 5p, M – F
- Looking for a change leader. Someone with technical abilities within PeopleSoft, but also able to communicate effectively with staff and the departments they support.
- Achieves and maintains Group Purchasing Contract compliance of 90%
- Work with dept’s to implement cost reduction efforts or major purchases.
- Informs and educates departments of MM policy, procedure and contractual changes.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports for Administration as required.
- Coordinates and executes bi-annual hospital inventory.
- Maintains competency to cover all functions of Materials Management during times of absences or high volumes.
- Oversees daily operations of Materials Management to guarantee adequate supplies are available for hospital operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree
- Five years healthcare procurement experience, in a supervisory position
- Experience with cost and inventory reduction programs; group purchasing contract implementation and compliance, and project management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Responsible for overall operations of hospital procurement and supply distribution. Develops, implements, and administers a supply support system that effectively meets the need of the hospital. The Director, Materials Management, is the technical authority on all Materials Management matters at the medical center. Guidelines furnished by Community Health Systems require interpretation and legal and technical adaptation to the local situation to meet the demand of major and frequent changes characteristic of an active medical center. Responsible for insuring compliance with CHS guidelines of Group Purchasing Contract compliance, monitoring and streamlining the supply chain by standardization, consolidation, resulting in cost and staff savings. Incumbent must maintain a positive, collaborative attitude in working relationships, including those with other Medical Center personnel, physicians, patients, families, and visitors. This must be accomplished while reducing the cost of goods and services to the hospital. Serves as Chairperson for the Clinical Products Analysis Committee, and as a member on other hospital wide committees and project specific groups, as required. Coordinates and continuously works to improve the semiannual hospital wide inventory process in order to minimize the labor impact without adversely affecting the accuracy. Responsible for compliance with all reporting and review activities (i.e.: Monthly reports, Internal Audit, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.) Administer the Purchasing, and Central Supply budgets.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.