AdventHealth Emergency Medical Tech II FT Days in Davenport, Florida
Emergency Medical Tech II AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time 3 12's Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Accurately obtain and record TPR, BP, Pain rating, weight and height, intake and output, finger stick blood glucose.
- Demonstrate efficiency with safety lights, turns and positioning of patients to ensure correct body alignment and maintain skin integrity.
- Demonstrate efficiency in assisting patients with ADL’s including passing of meals, nourishments and fresh water at bedside.
- Participates in hourly rounding and answers call light in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates competency in reporting changes in vital signs and patient’s status to appropriate staff.
- Maintains a clean, organized environment; helps with inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Follows directions of Registered Nurses, Clinical Coordinators, and Managers.
- Supports the unit secretary by answering phones and directing patients and visitors.
- Delivers and picks up items from other departments; interacts with all ancillary departments.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completed EMT-Paramedic Training at a Technical College (or equivalent training facility)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Six (6) months of paramedic experience
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current Licensure or Certification by the State of Florida – Paramedic
- Current BLS & ACLS certification per American Heart Association
- PALS certification within 6 months of hire.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
The Emergency Medical Tech II is to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Emergency Department (ED) using a holistic, caring approach to patient care which supports the mission and vision of Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center. Provides direct physical and technically skilled, age appropriate care to patients under the direction of the ED Registered Nurse (RN). Performs other duties related to the work described herein.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.