AdventHealth HF-Chest Pain Coordinator in Davenport, Florida
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Nurse Coordinator provides team leadership to the Chest Pain Program. Works collaboratively with physicians from multi-specialties in developing clinical best-practice, coordinating patient-flow processes to accurately and effectively treat chest pain. The Nurse Coordinator is responsible for organizing team meetings, compiling clinical data for presentation and following up on team recommendations. The Nurse Coordinator provides clinical expertise and support to other nursing departments in respect to those patients that present with chest pain. The Nurse Coordinator monitors and assures that patient care is in compliance with SCPC required clinical registries.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Skilled in critical care nursing and emergency room or catheterization lab experience;
· Basic cardiovascular rhythm recognition and cardiopulmonary monitoring assessment;
· Medication management with acute-care cardiovascular drugs and IV pumps;
· Advanced knowledge of Hypothermia Therapy, equipment set-up and application;
· Advanced knowledge of cardiovascular diagnostics and imaging techniques;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal;
· Highly organized in compiling clinical data / images for presentation to multi-specialty physician teams to assess patient findings;
· Advanced knowledge of indicators and criteria for data entry into the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines and the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) Chest Pain Center accreditation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Experience caring for patients with ICD and LVAD devices implants;
· Proficiency in Micro-Soft Power-Point presentation design.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Science or other Healthcare related discipline.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
Current license as a Registered Nurse with State of Florida, Department of Health;
Current certification in ACLS with the American Heart Association.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Cardiovascular Care Coordinator Certification (C4)
Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.