AdventHealth Manager Infection Prevention AdventHealth Heart of Florida in Davenport, Florida
Manager Infection Prevention AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Develops, coordinates and presents education for new staff and provides on-going education in both formal and informal settings for all staff relative to the infection Control Program.
- Revises and updates policies and plans associated with staff education and infection control.
- Establishes and educates regarding isolation practices in the facility and maintains a record of all isolation patients.
- Ensures compliance with Infection Control policy through chart audit, on-going surveillance and hospital rounds.
- Uses appropriate statistical techniques to describe the data, calculate rates, critically evaluate and analyze significance of findings.
- Reports epidemiological significant findings to appropriate Committees, governmental agencies and customers, if applicable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an Infection Preventionist or related healthcare experience with knowledge of patient care practices, microbiology, asepsis, disinfection/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication, program administration and epidemiology.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Healthcare related field with successful completion of a basic Infection Prevention Course offered through a teaching hospital (minimum) 40 hours or through APIC (Association for Professionals in Infection Prevention and Epidemiology)
- Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Healthcare related advanced degree (ex. Master of Public Health)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
The Manager of Infection Prevention is a qualified individual with knowledge of CDC Guidelines, Joint Commission standards, federal and state regulations and occupational health. He/ She is responsible for the Administration of the Hospital wide Infection Prevention Program, which includes among other functions the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of hospital acquired infections among patients, staff and guests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.