AdventHealth Perioperative Nurse Educator - Heart of Florida in Davenport, Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time - Monday through Friday
- Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
- Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units’/departments’, campuses’ and system’s initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
- Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
- Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
- Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
- Master of Science degree
- Prior experience as a nurse educator
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
- Certification in clinical or educator specialty
- Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.