YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Pharmacy Tech I PRN - AdventHealth - Heart of Florida
Location Address: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Lake Wales
A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
Faith-based work environment
Work Hours/Shift: PRN
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
- Facilitates medication safety practices by identifying and reporting potential medication errors such as look-alike sound-alike medications.
Clinical Pharmacy Services
- Supports practice in decentralized areas and collaborates with other pharmacy staff
Teamwork and Inter-Professional Collaboration
- Presents to assigned areas on time and ready to work and does not exhibit unscheduled absenteeism
Teaching, Training, Precepting, and Mentorship
- Mentors new-staff and assists with training
What You Will Need:
- Must be registered with the State of Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician (after Jan 1, 2010)
One (1+) year of Contemporary hospital pharmacy experience, retail or ambulatory experience acceptable
Practice experience in an integrated health care system of 3 or more hospitals in the system
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Req ID: 21030988
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.