Registered Nurse PRN AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Close proximity to Walt Disney World
Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
Beautiful local golf courses available year round
Faith-based work environment
As a Progressive Care Unit, our adult patient population consists of a vast array of disorders that require a multisystem approach.
· This unit is truly blessed with exceptional Assistant Nurse Managers and Charge Nurses; however, the PCU is most proud of our bedside initiatives and the informal leaders working amongst the staff every shift.
· We have a very involved team on our unit! We work together on initiatives such as patient experience, staff engagement, patient safety, and weekly updates.
· Leaders support the day to day operations with the nurse manager. Our assistant nurse managers have divided themselves up to support the frontline team to provide growth opportunities. They support the team with timely communication of day to day changes in our health care system.
· We serve adults through geriatric lifespan of development that require complex, comprehensive multidisciplinary care. The care team is comprised of nurses, patient care techs, monitor techs, HUCs, infection preventionists, care managers, physicians and nursing leaders. The nurse to patient ratio is 1:4 PCU patients. All of our nurses complete specialty training in ACLS and EKG monitoring. There are opportunities to become dobhoff, port certified and learn central line maintenance and care. Our unit works with contracted hospitalist group MDs to support the patients plan of care and throughput to discharge.
- Per Diem Nights or Days, 7p-7a, or 7a-7p, 3 shifts per month
You Will Be Responsible For:
NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida and Lake Wales
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: Medical PCU
Req ID: 21015158
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.