All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Nights
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
· AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
· As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
· High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
· Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
The role you’ll contribute:
Ensures patients are appropriately registered for all service lines. Performs eligibility verification, obtains pre-cert and/or authorizations, makes financial arrangements, requests and receives payments for services, performs cashiering functions, clears registration errors and edits pre-bill, and other duties as required. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary service to both internal and external customers and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides PBX (switchboard) coverage and support as needed.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards
· Assesses and makes appropriate decisions and interventions according to patient evaluation / needs. Sets patient goals, assisting in the development of a plan of care along with the multidisciplinary team. Evaluates / interpret diagnostic data including but not limited to lab results and monitoring data. Communicates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team
· Satisfactorily completes department orientation, airway management certification (campus specific), critical care training program, Infant/ Pediatric Emergency training program (campus specific) and is proficient at all applicable procedures defined below
· Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital
· Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines. Performs airway maintenance including proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubation, assists with bronchoscopy, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, manages patients with laryngectomy. Provides procedural respiratory support. May perform endotracheal intubation, under direct supervision, or after completion of documented competency.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science
· Active and Current Florida State License as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 24001272
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Heart of Florida and Lake Wales
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $30.84 - $30.84
Location: Davenport, FL
Job ID: 24001272
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 3 - Night