AdventHealth Sterile Process Tech I Central Sterile PT Nights Heart of Florida in Davenport, Florida
Sterile Process Tech I AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
Work Hours/Shift: Part Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Rotates assignments among various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly sterilization processes, and management of supplies and equipment.
- Properly identifies and segregates reusable items for decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization. Selects proper cleaning methods for pre-cleaning and cleaning instrumentation, power tools and equipment sent to Central Service based upon manufacturer’ instructions for use. Disassembles and inspects items for damage or missing components. Correctly and safely operates all equipment in the decontamination area ensuring that all standards for personal protective equipment and prevention of body fluid exposure are adhered to at all times.
- Accurately assembles instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items by selecting the appropriate items, trays and instruments and records information in computer monitoring system or paper instrument count sheet.
- Selects appropriate materials and sterilization packaging for each instrument set. Aware of aseptic technique and proper wrapping of instrument trays to allow the end user to open product in an aseptic manner and produces a compact, logically arranged package which is within the proper weight limits appropriate for assured sterilization.
- Ensures appropriate sterility indicators and lot stickers are present on all instrument sets and packages.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Experience in sterile processing and materials management
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred :
The Central Service Technician is an entry level position with a planned advancement requirement to Certified Central Service Technician, CCST. The employee must successfully complete a AdventHealth or other nationally recognized training program during the first year of employment. Under supervision of the CS Supervisor / Manager or Nurse Manager, the Central Service Technician will provide thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and / or sterilized instrument trays and equipment. Trays will be accurately assembled according to the established tray list. Works with customers to maintain adequate inventory of trays and to prioritize processing of trays as needed. Maintains specialty carts and other supplies and equipment per department specific guidelines. Responsible for use of all decontamination and sterilization equipment, can troubleshoot minor issues. Depending on department, may manage inventory and supply items for patient care areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.