AdventHealth Admitting Representative Part Time Day in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Interviews patient or family member to gather demographic and insurance information including patient address, next of kin, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
- Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
- Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorizations are obtained to guarantee proper reimbursement.
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Knowledge of On-Line verifications and authorization systems including but not limited to Availity, WebMD and UnitedHealth Care.
- Knowledge of Medicare Medical Necessity requirements.
- Maintaining knowledge of the collections and cashiering functions.
- Acts as cashier.
- Reconciles cash drawer.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Some computer and typing training required
- Many patients and families are under stress and tact is required to handle patient interaction.
- Must be able to deal with upset and angry patients and families in a calm and professional manner.
- Voice must be pleasant in face to face conversations.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Computer skills – data entry, spreadsheet skills, basic mathematical skills.
- Human relation skills
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- One year medical experience preferred, but not required.
- Medical terminology preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.