AdventHealth Cancer Data Specialist II Full Time Day in Daytona Beach, Florida
Cancer Data Specialist II AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Abstracts data from the medical record, concurrently and retrospectively. Enters data entry as required and data submits through computer file or download for:
- Performance Improvement projects which may be required by regulatory or accrediting bodies
- External Performance Improvement and Clinical Best Practice initiatives
- External comparative databases which may include those for specialized services such as NCDB: NAPBC: NQMBC; FCDS (State Reporting) with validation of data as required
- Medical Staff or committee or department review on specific aspects of patient care as requested
- Reviews, identifies and accessions reportable cases from Pathology, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology and the hospital’s disease index.
- Assists with process of obtaining and reporting compliance of clinical staging by physicians in electronic health record to support accurate staging and collection of cancer data.
- Assists in development, data collection and production of data for at least three studies of quality or concordance with treatment guidelines using registry data, for the Cancer Center for presentation and documenting in the Cancer Committee meeting minutes annually as required by the American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer standards.
- Facilitates use of data to identify opportunities to improve clinical outcomes, prevent events with the potential to negatively impact care, promote patient safety and improve hospital processes.
- Collaborates with members of the Medical Staff, Risk Management, Education or hospital staff to meet evidence-based practice guidelines. Also works with individual departments to address improvement opportunities related to clinical practice. Participates in or facilitates performance improvement or analysis teams and initiatives to achieve the goals set for improvement initiatives, especially the CP3R /RQRS Quality Measures and other priority initiatives as identified by the organization and external agencies.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports for presentation to members of the Medical Staff, Medical Staff committees, hospital committees, and / or Administration.
- Develops or improves processes related to data abstraction, submission, reporting, or other processes within the Cancer Data Services area.
- Completes all review, data submission and reporting activities within the required time-frame.
- Travel between sites may be required
- Data management of extensive data set of large, multi-facility database
- Must possess high-degree of concentration and precision for detail
- an and administrative audiences
- Must have knowledge of computer systems to include MS Office (Outlook; Word; Excel, PowerPoint; electronic health record, such as Cerner
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology required
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties. Set up LCD projector for meetings.
- Understands rules and regulations regarding privacy and confidentiality of patient information
- Understanding of current cancer diagnosis and therapeutic services
- Electronic Health Record experience is required.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Florida Cancer Data Systems Abstractor Code
- Driver’s License required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree in health-related field; or the equivalent of 60 College-level credits
- Working knowledge of ACoS accreditation guidelines and process.
- Experience in Cancer Registry software process and reporting requirements
- Experience in monitoring and reporting quality indicators used for facility benchmarking and reimbursement.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification in Cancer Registry (CTR) is required
- Florida Cancer Data Systems Abstractor Code within 60 days of hire.
- Certifications preferred: RHIA, RHIT, LPN, RN; Preferred.
Responsible for management and maintenance of a comprehensive program of data collection and analysis of clinical care for internal and external benchmarking to improve patient outcomes and hospital processes (Commission on Cancer; NQMBC; NAPBC; FCDS; National Cancer Data Base; CDC, CMS, etc.). Conducts on-going review of medical care to determine need for physician review or committee review or to establish that care rendered was appropriate. Identifies opportunities for improving care or preventing events that have a negative impact on patient care. Collects data for aggregation for defined Performance Improvement initiatives. Prepares reports of data for hospital committees. Assists in quality control oversight, promoting and coordinating cancer-related QI and development of Clinical Outcomes reports Participates in PI Teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.