All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: PRN
· Shift : Days
· The community you will be caring for : AdventHealth Daytona Beach - 301 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you will contribute:
The Cardiovascular Sonographer performs all high-quality diagnostic ultrasound exams per registry and in accordance with department protocols. Assists physicians with interventional procedures such as but not limited to transesophageal and stress echocardiograms. The Cardiovascular Sonographer is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you will bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Quality and Service Excellence, Community Wellbeing, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
· Utilizes the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe, accurate and effective procedures on patients. Acquires knowledge and skills through training, in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Learns and adapts to new technologies and protocols and helps develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. Utilizes knowledge of cardiac and peripheral vascular anatomy and physiology.
· Performs routine and complex studies, in addition to assisting with a variety of imaging procedures.
· Must be able to perform/function with little or no supervision.
· Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Cardiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Manager. Follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. Performs, properly documents, and reports all procedures in accordance with departmental policy. Adapts procedure to each patient’s medical situation obtaining all available necessary information for proper interpretation. Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Personal Productivity and Accountability: Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Coordinates acceptable patient throughput in either an IP and/or OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity. Follows direction from Manager and Lead Sonographer. Keeps supervisor or manager informed and seeks assistance from appropriate individuals when confronted with complicated procedures to ensure safe and effective patient care. Communicates and collaborates with multidisciplinary team. Communicates abnormal findings to the reading physicians and notifies the physicians of procedures to be interpreted. Maintains a professional relationship with all customers. Communicates with patients and family members appropriate to age and understanding.
· Data Processing: Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Effective knowledge of all Information Systems used in the department. Accurately documents, completes, and charges procedures to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital. Follows all AdventHealth policies and departmental procedures’ outlines.
· Sets up and adjusts imaging equipment, while manually maneuvering transducers to perform exams.
· Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits.
· Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
· Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.).
· Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
· Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement.
· Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
· Ability to work as a team player within a unit.
· Maintains supply inventory and restocks to maintain proper operating levels.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly department, including procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area, and other departmental regions.
· Rotates between multiple campuses/departments as needed.
· Required to adjust work schedule to suit the needs of the department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to perform a full range of diagnostic echocardiogram and /or vascular ultrasound procedures.
· Must be able to operate all ultrasound systems in the assigned department and utilize the measurement package for measuring and calculating to determine anatomy, function, and status according to standard of care.
· Must be able to recognize significant anatomical structures, artifacts, pathology.
· Ability to effectively communicate and explain procedures to patients in a clear and concise manner.
· Basic EKG Knowledge.
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates of Science Cardiovascular Sonography
· OR Accredited Graduate of Sonographer Program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelors of Science Diagnostic Medical Sonography
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
· Must hold a minimum of one of the following registries: American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS/RVT) OR Cardiovascular Credentialing International-Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS/RVS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041675
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $40.508 - $40.508
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 23041675
Job Family: Cardiology
Shift: 1 - Day