AdventHealth Certified Surgical Tech $5k Sign on Bonus and Relocation Available in Daytona Beach, Florida
- $5,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3000.00 relocation incentive
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living
- Full Time, Days
· Works independently or in collaboration with other staff as directed to ensure required supplies, instruments, positioning devices and equipment is available for all assigned procedures. Utilizes preference cards to effectively assure essential supplies and equipment are available as needed.
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous demeanor. Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization. Acceptance of constructive criticism.
· Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives and policies including but not limited to Universal Protocol, Universal precautions, bio hazardous waste management, waste stream management, sponge/ instrument counts, surgical specimen management, and patient transfer techniques. Maintains a clean, orderly work environment.
· Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice and training as appropriate to all patient populations served. Competency includes use and applications of appropriate routine and specialty instruments, room preparations, equipment selection and positioning devices, aseptic technique and sterilization methods.
· Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigns duties by prioritizing appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique in accordance with AORN recommended standards.
· Assists with appropriate preparation of instruments and equipment for decontamination or terminal sterilization as requested.
· Understands the preoperative diagnosis, common complications and operative pathology relating to specific surgical procedures.
· Utilizes surgeon’s preference cards to appropriately execute a plan of care during the surgical procedure.
· Selects and prepares necessary supplies and equipment.
· Checks all equipment for working order.
· Verifies exposure to sterilization and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
· Establishes and maintains a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
· Adheres to all surgical count policies, medication administration policy
· Recognizes and recommends process improvement. Is committed to continuing education beyond basic knowledge required to fulfill job duties.
· Attends departmental in-services a minimum of 50% of the time as required by facility. Completes educational CBL's in a timely manner, maintains BLS certification. Reports to work on time as scheduled and follows departmental attendance policy.Performs job duties with consistent levels of accuracy and completeness within acceptable time frames. Meets departmental expectations as it relates to work quality and quantity. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Successful completion of an accredited school for Surgical Technology.
· Certification as Surgical Technician
· BLS Required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.