AdventHealth CVOR Certified Surgical Tech First Assist Days $10,000 Sign On and Relo in Daytona Beach, Florida
Certified Surgical First Assist CVOR AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3000.00 relocation incentive
- Excellent health benefits
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ensures that all required supplies, instruments and equipment is available for all assigned procedures
- Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
- Demonstrates skills such as tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis in an anticipatory manner
- Demonstrates essential mental discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness, stamina, and concentration during the surgical procedure
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program or military trained surgical technologist with 5 years minimum experience
- Demonstration of completion of surgical tech first assist program
- BLS certification required
- Certification in Surgical Technology required
- Certification as First Assist
The surgical technologist first assistant actively participates in the on-going management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and direct clinical and technical assistance to the surgeon while performing operative and invasive procedures. The optimal candidate will have additional experience in endoscopic vein harvest. This position requires an expanded knowledge of surgical instrumentation, surgical techniques, human anatomy, surgical retracting and wound closure. Assembly of complex mechanical devices, strong anticipatory skills, hand/eye dexterity and sequential planning are required. This position requires staying abreast of new products, procedure research and physician techniques. The surgical technologist first assistant is assigned the role of first assistant or surgical scrub technologist depending on departmental demands and supports Cardiovascular services. All activities of the surgical technologist first assistant are under the direct supervision of the Cardiovascular surgeon. Accepts call as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.