AdventHealth CVOR Manager Days $10,000 Sign On $3,000 Relo in Daytona Beach, Florida
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- $10,000 sign on and $3,000 relocation
- Immediate health benefits
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Patient/Client Management: responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the CVOR patient. Assumes 24-hour accountability for the management and delivery of the daily patient/client care of the respective departments. Utilizing the Nursing Process, monitors perioperative patient care, this includes identification, assessment, and resolution of patient care problems, which result in a positive patient and administrative outcome. Serves as a clinical and administrative resource for the Charge Nurse, anesthesia, perfusion and physicians as well as other members of the CVOR staff. Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to individual patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesiologists regarding any issues.
- Ensures that the Cardiovascular program creates high degree of patient satisfaction; timely and accurate pre, intra and post procedure patient care; meets basic patient, surgeon and anesthesia needs, quality patient care and customer service; experienced knowledgeable staff.
- Actively participates in departmental and hospital wide Performance Improvement activities. Reviews on a regular basis nursing assignment to ensure assignments are made in accordance with the qualifications of nursing personnel and patient care requirements. Oversees and participates in the development of policies and procedures which reflect current acceptable practice based on AORN standards and are consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
- Informs the Director of significant/unusual issues, incidents, or trends. Collaborates with medical staff (through Chiefs of Surgery and Anesthesia) to evaluate and facilitate improvement in the CVOR and promotes positive physician/staff relationships.
- Formulates goals and objectives in the Quest for the Best format at the beginning of each fiscal year. Goals and objectives are realistic and measurable.
- Oversees the hiring process for CVOR. Completes performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee counseling, coaching and termination per policy. Provides orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with department policy and procedure. Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning. Oversees maintenance of current documentation of personnel related to professional practice and incorporates this information when reviewing and or completing performance evaluations. Review and contributes to the updating of CVOR positions, job descriptions, competencies and performance appraisals.
- Maintains pro-active approach to staffing. Anticipates vacancies when possible. Develops staffing plans and reviews them regularly with the Charge Nurse. Establishes staff patterns for CVOR utilizing guidelines that address volume, patient care needs, levels of competency and utilization.
- Responsible for overseeing budget preparation, implementation and monitoring. (Operating, productivity, flex and Capital)
- Maintains personal and professional development commensurate with the scope of responsibility.
- Attends Leadership and other assigned meetings and shares pertinent information and decisions with all staff. Participates in educational workshops and conferences to maintain currency and enhance skills and knowledge.
- Plans and develops personal and professional goals and objectives and implements activities to achieve them.
- Responsible for providing continuing education programming for perioperative services. Programs.
- Minimum 3-5 years Surgical Services and CVOR experience required,
- 2-3 years management/leadership experience required.
- BS or BSN preferred.
- Current FL RN license required.
- AHA BLS and ACLS required
- National Surgical Services certification preferred. (CNOR)
This position is responsible for the administrative and clinical activities of the Cardiovascular Operating Room. The Manager will work with the CVOR Director to provide oversight in CVOR when needed. Functions include overseeing Patient Care Management, Physician Relations, Human Resources and Quality Care activities for the respective areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.