All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Time Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full Time
· Shift : Days
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth Daytona Beach: 301 Memorial Medical Pkwy. Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you will contribute:
The Histotechnologist is responsible for processing specimens for pathologic diagnosis, tissue fixation, processing, preparing and staining slides for microscopic examination by the pathologist.
The value you will bring to the team:
· Assists in training new employees and histology students/interns while providing leadership and mentoring to histotechnicians, fellow histotechnologists, and laboratory support staff to maintain optimal operations and outstanding customer service.
· May perform quality control testing, equipment maintenance, identification of problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results and troubleshooting practices.
· Ensures the analytic accuracy, precision, and sensitivity in test methods.
· Maintains established facility and department policies and procedures.
· Performs analytical activities related to specimen processing, embedding, microtomy, routine and special histologic staining, frozen sectioning, cover slipping and handling of irreplaceable tissue, surgical and body fluid specimens.
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· Associate degree in a related field required
· American Society for Clinical Pathology
· Histotechnologist licensure required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24004315
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $26.95 - $40.422
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 24004315
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day