All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Sign-on Bonus: $10,000
· Relocation Bonus: $3,000
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full Time
· Shift : Days
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach 401 Palmetto St. New Smyrna, FL 32168
The role you will contribute:
The Lead Medical Laboratory Scientist performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. Is responsible for managing assigned selected aspects of laboratory processes or shifts, which may include workflow, quality control process, performance improvement activities, training of new employees, advanced problem solving for customers and coworkers, department equipment or computer maintenance and upgrades, writing/reviewing procedures, or other tasks assigned. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens.
The value you will bring to the team:
· Assists with staff schedule preparation and workflow assignments as requested.
· Assess competencies according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
· Manages quality assessment and technical oversight, problem solving, scheduling, interviewing applicants, provides input for staff performance, oversees training and competency evaluations
· Assists the Laboratory management with special projects as assigned.
· Reads, examines, and interprets complex test results. Serves as a resource and addresses complex tests/procedures
· Manages instrument maintenance and troubleshooting practices
· Leads quality control and quality assurance testing
· Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· Bachelor's degree in a chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology, or related field
· Florida license as a Medical Laboratory Technologist or Laboratory Supervisor in all 5 clinical areas
· Federal Government CLIA requirements as a Technical Consultant.
· 2 years of clinical laboratory training/experience. 5 years preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23024446
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 301 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY
Pay Range: $29.447 - $44.17
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 23024446
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day