All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Time Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location: AdventHealth Daytona Beach- 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you’ll contribute:
The Monitor Tech Supervisor is responsible to oversee the monitor techs on telemetry unit. Additionally, will perform duties of monitor tech, to include surveillance of rrhythmia monitors and documentation. Reports changes in cardiac rhythm promptly to primary nurse and/or charge nurse.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Responsible for coordination of training/precepting of Monitor Techs
· Ensures orientation pathways are completed.
· Reviews shift responsibilities with new staff.
· Mentors and validates best practices
· Serves as a trainer (as appropriate) for new equipment and processes.
· Participates in annual review of standardized shift responsibilities
· Conducts staff meetings with department employees on a routine basis to review progress, discuss problems, and any changes in policy and procedures
· Participates in the hiring process for assigned departments. Completes performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee counseling, coaching and termination per policy. Provides orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with department policy and procedure. Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning. Has the ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
· Performs duties of Monitor Tech to include:
· Surveillance of monitors for cardiac telemetries from a centralized location.
· Recognizes rhythms/arrhythmias and communicates changes promptly to the primary care nurse and/or charge nurse.
· Recognizes lethal dysrhythmias quickly and correctly and alerts unit nurses without delay.
· Documents rhythm strips every 4 hours and with each change in rhythm.
· Enters patient data into cardiac monitoring system.
· Assures accurate location of patients within centralized monitoring syste
· Maintains responsibility for monitoring equipment, assures telemetries are cleaned and returned to assigned location
· Other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
One (1) year monitor tech experience required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24004434
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.00 - $21.76
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 24004434
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day