AdventHealth Nurse Technician M/S Observation FT Days in Daytona Beach, Florida
Student Nurse Technician AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Work for a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Patient and Employee Focused Organization Providing Whole Patient Care
- Competitive Salaries and Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunities for Education Reimbursement for Career Advancement
- Career Growth and Advancement Potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living (ADL’s). Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
2. Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner. These may include:
- Obtain and document vital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nurse in a prompt manner.
- Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
- Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output information for assigned patient areas.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients
- Inspects skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventive measures per wound/skin protocol and communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse
What You Will Need:
- Must demonstrate ability and understanding of the age specific care requirements of the following patient populations, geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric patient - such as i.e. proper size/selection of patient equipment, communication and safety needs.
- Requires close attention and mental effort in carrying out the multiple assigned duties, recording of blood pressures, I & O, obtaining and documenting accucheck results, and distributing and collecting dietary trays.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required
- Must be currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing program
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card
May perform the duties in compliance with the role and responsibilities specific to the Nurse Technician in which demonstrated competency in nursing school and under the direct observation of a licensed nurse (RN/LPN). Primary function is to assist with the basic care needs of the patient as well as to perform as assigned clinical skills which may include but are not limited to: basic care routines and procedures, vital signs, accucheck skills. Proactively functions as a team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective patient care. Will assist in the care of the following patient populations; geriatrics, adult, adolescent and pediatric patients. Adheres to the essential practices for excellence in hand hygiene. Responsible to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.