AdventHealth Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant FT Evenings in Daytona Beach, Florida
Phlebotomist Lab Assistant FT Evenings
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: Daytona Beach, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
FT/Evenings - Flexible Schedule 10 or 12 Hours Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Perform phlebotomy on inpatients and/or outpatients per procedure
- Correctly identify the patient
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to locate a venipuncture site
- Draw specimens in the proper order
- Correctly label tubes at bedside/patient side
- Label tubes with time and Destiny id
- Apply dressing
- Properly dispose of Sharps and Biohazardous material
- Deliver specimens to the Processing area or appropriate department
- Use computer for various tasks
- Receive specimens
- Generate and fax patient reports when requested
- Cancel tests at the request of the floor
- Generate collection labels
- Generate and work collection lists
- Register patients
- Perform laboratory assistant duties
- Empty tube system, receive and deliver specimens to Processing
- Answer telephone, solve problems, route calls for others correctly
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year phlebotomy experience, preferably in a hospital setting, or completion of phlebotomy training course which includes an externship in an approved facility.
- Computer skills required.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills
The phlebotomist is responsible for obtaining blood specimens on inpatients and outpatients of differing age groups as required. The phlebotomist must be able to obtain blood by the use of various phlebotomy techniques. They must be able to use the computer system for generating labels, collection lists and for retrieving copies of reports as well as other functions. They must ensure that all blood draws are performed and transported to the laboratory in a timely manner. They must maintain a close working relationship with the nursing floors and the laboratory technologists/technicians. The job requires tact and compassion. They may also be required to work at other hospital owned facilities or drawing at nursing homes. The job also includes learning patient registration and test ordering and processing functions
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.