AdventHealth Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant FT Nights in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Correctly identify the patient
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to locate a venipuncture site
- Draw specimens in the proper order
- Correctly label tubes at bedside/patient side
- Label tubes with time and Destiny id
- Apply dressing
- Properly dispose of Sharps and Biohazardous material
- Deliver specimens to the Processing area or appropriate department
- Use computer for various tasks
- Receive specimens
- Generate and fax patient reports when requested
- Cancel tests at the request of the floor
- Generate collection labels
- Generate and work collection lists
- Register patients
- Perform laboratory assistant duties
- Empty tube system, receive and deliver specimens to Processing
- Answer telephone, solve problems, route calls for others correctly
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year phlebotomy experience, preferably in a hospital setting, or completion of phlebotomy training course which includes an externship in an approved facility.
- Computer skills required.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.