AdventHealth Phlebotomy Supervisor FT Days in Daytona Beach, Florida
Phlebotomy Supervisor FT Days
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Near Sunny Beaches
Full Time, Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Oversees the daily operations of the phlebotomy team, ensuring each shift is appropriately staffed with competent phlebotomists.
- Interviews applicants, responsible for the hiring process and trains new team members
- Conducts staff meetings with department employees on a routine basis to review progress, discuss problems, any changes in policy and procedures
- Responsible for evaluating personnel and performing competency as required
- Overview daily time and attendance of employees and enters approves time in the HUB
- Maintains high level of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Responsible for scheduling and floor assignments on a day to day basis
- May be required to work at the other facilities and cover different shifts as needed.
- Perform phlebotomy on inpatients and/or outpatients according to procedure.
- Properly disposes of Sharps and Biohazardous material and ensures compliance with staff
- Ensures delivery of specimens to the Processing area or appropriate department
- Performs laboratory assistant duties
- Collect Chain of Custody specimens per procedure and ensures compliance with staff
- Must be able to do registration including the entering of patient demographics, insurance information, Medical Necessity and ordering of tests.
- Participates in Quality Improvement committees, activities or projects
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Customer service skills required.
- Must have excellent skills in phlebotomy, problem solving ability and be able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Computer skills required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Phlebotomy training program or equivalent work experience basic office and computer skills required.
- Minimum of three to five years phlebotomy experience in a hospital setting.
- Lead/Managerial experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Phlebotomist Certification by a national recognized phlebotomy agency (i.e. ASPT)
The Phlebotomy Supervisor is responsible for the day to day functioning of the Phlebotomy and Processing team under the guidance and direct supervision of assigned Manager. The person filling this position must be able to cover all functions and fill in as needed. They are responsible for the training and competency of the phlebotomists and processors.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.