AdventHealth Radiology Scheduler PRN in Daytona Beach, Florida
Radiology Scheduler PRN AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Flexible schedule
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Per Diem, Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Schedules and coordinates Diagnostic Imaging exams and ensures all patients are scheduled at the next available appointment or at the patient’s convenience.
- Answers dedicated phone line for scheduling, transfers calls and relays messages as needed
- Ensures a positive relationship with physicians and physician’s office staff to increase physician satisfaction and referrals.
- Provides education to referring physician practices to ensure Quality Assurance and accuracy of scheduled procedure. May call physician office or department to obtain information necessary to schedule events.
- Accurately assembles all patient information gathered from the patient or referring physician to ensure the Pre-registration function occurs in a timely efficient manner.
- Reviews all orders for medical necessity and radiology protocol to ensure accuracy in the appointment.
- Ensures all patient instructions and preparations are reviewed and noted in the appointment for the physician, radiology department and/or patient.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Effective communication skills to deal with patients from infant through geriatric age groups.
- Computer skills for use of hospital computer systems
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required.
- Previous Imaging scheduling preferred
- Knowledgeable in terminology of diagnostic testing and procedures preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year previous experience in hospital scheduling or physician office scheduling
- Strong background in radiology procedures preferred
- Knowledge of medical necessity requirements preferred.
This Radiology Scheduler will be responsible for the scheduling of outpatient imaging examinations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.