AdventHealth Regional Director of Clinical Oncology Operations in Daytona Beach, Florida
Regional Director of Clinical Oncology Operations Full Time
Location Address: This is a regional position. Will be based out of New Smyrna Beach or Daytona Beach facility but will cover 5 facilities in the Volusia and Flagler counties.
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
Competitive pay and benefits
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
1. Responsible for the development and oversight of the Regional Nurse Navigation Program
· Provide direct supervision of all the Nurse and Lay Navigators.
· Lead the implementation of the Cancer Institute Navigation Clinical Care Pathway. Provide leadership as nurse navigators explore and reach out to community physician practices/groups, build relationships to engage those practices/groups in the Pathway Program, thus growing disease specific inpatient and outpatient market share.
· Develop and provide leadership to the all the Multidisciplinary Cancer Care Programs.
· Develop and maintain accountabilities and metrics established for nurse navigators to promote the multidisciplinary care programs.
· Initiates physician communications as needed.
· Assures physician satisfaction with services and presents to the Administrator of the Oncology Service Line any concerns to be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Meet with Director of Radiation Oncology Operations on a monthly basis.
2. Ensures efficient and coordinated services through the screening, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship phases and facilitates dissemination of support/educational services. Analyzes, trouble shoots and makes recommendations for ways of improving services and areas that may have problems.
3. Establishes and maintains positive and open communication (verbal and written) and relationships with referring physicians, pulmonologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologist to provide quality care to patients with disease specific health concerns.
4. Attends multidisciplinary conferences, Joint Operations, Cancer Committee and Council meetings.
5. Develops and revises patient and staff cancer-related educational materials. Provides staff and community education as required.
6. Recommends modifications to policies and procedures as needed.
7. Coordinate hiring, supervision, and evaluation of full-time, part-time and grant-funded nurses.
8. Provide oversight to the Clinical Oncology Research Nurse and Genetic Counseling Nurse Practitioner.
9. Collaborate with the Director of Radiation Oncology Operations to develop the clinical oncology clinic nurses.
10. Works with Director of Radiation Oncology Operations and Oncology Quality, Accreditation and Data Services leader to establish quality measures and reports monthly outcomes on a Corporate Scorecard.
11. Responsible for programmatic development in collaboration with Director of Radiation Oncology Operations in establishing, implementing and evaluating goals related to growth, volume, clinical outcomes and revenue.
12. Facilitate and coordinate nursing activities related to clinical policies, contractual requirements for workload, personnel policies, nursing staff development and evaluation, and planning, assessment, and accreditation.
13. Manage department staff personnel issues adhering to policy and expectations.
14. Conduct annual and periodic performance evaluations for faculty in accordance
with contract and Florida Hospital policy.
15. Reviews medical management related to evidence based practice and in accordance to national guidelines; focusing on improving outcomes. Responsible for the ongoing data input/data abstraction/data analysis of ongoing databases. Monitors data tracking and benchmarking in collaboration with the Program Medical Directors and Administrative team.
16. Assist as needed.
What You Will Need:
- Driver’s license required
- Current certification in basic life support required
- Current valid State of Florida Board of Nursing
· Bachelors of Science in Nursing required and a minimum of five years of oncology experience, with demonstrated 5-year management experience. Director level experience for no less than 2 years required. MHA or MBA degree preferred.
· MBA, MHA or post-graduate studies to be completed within 3 years of employment.
· Must be familiar with all aspects of oncology to supervise and organize workflow and throughput.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Time management and organizational skills.
· Self-directed and has ability to make quality, independent decisions.
· Excellent financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes, and multiple interruptions.
The Regional Director of Clinical Oncology Operations is responsible for the on-site management and supervision of clinical oncology operations, in collaboration with the Directors of Radiation Oncology Operations to include but not limited to Nurse Navigators, Radiation Clinic Nurses, Research Nurse/s, Genetic Counselor/s, Nurse Program Coordinators, Dietitian and staff nurses taking care of cancer patients for process improvement, where applicable. Work in collaboration with the leader of the Oncology Quality, Accreditation and Data Services for accreditation, and planning and implementation of clinical and programmatic goals. Support system and technology reviews along with fiscal responsibility for both cost containment and revenue expansion. Collaborates on regionally assigned area as subject matter expert.
The overall goal is to ensure cancer patients are effectively and efficiently navigated through the health care system receiving appropriate care throughout the continuum to optimize support, educational services and to provide the communication link for coordination of care among the multidisciplinary health care team members. Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strategic relationships between our community physicians and their office staff. Co-lead with the Directors of Clinical Oncology Operations for the promotion, education and marketing of Florida Hospital Cancer services to HCP physician, community physicians and their office staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.