AdventHealth Regional Neuroscience Program Manager in Daytona Beach, Florida
Regional Neuroscience Program Manager
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Family environment and culture with leaders that truly care
Career Growth and advancement potential
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Great Benefits such as: Retirement plan, Education reimbursement, and more
Full-Time Day shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates Adventist Health Systems Whole Care Philosophy and Service Standards of keep my safe, love me, own it and make it easy.
Scope of Responsibility :
· Responsible for operations, staff, policies and procedures for all areas under scope of responsibility.
Compliance/Regulatory Responsibility :
· Maintains compliance with AHS Corporate Compliance and Federal HIPAA regulations as access to confidential information is consistently available
· Adheres to and facilitates the implementation of Joint Commission Primary and Comprehensive Stroke Center program standards throughout the region
· Adheres to and facilitates the implementation of Joint Commission Spine Center of Excellence Metris
· Provides oversight regarding the collection, reliability, and validation of stroke performance measures related to Primary Stroke Center, performance measures related to certification and designation by the appropriate accrediting agencies
· Monitors ongoing stroke measure compliance, patient outcomes and program metrics including LOS, contribution margin, and patient mortality in partnership with Clinical Effectiveness and other disciplines assuring quality improvements are implemented when deemed necessary
· Develops and provides Regional educational assistance throughout the region to clinical and non-clinical employees, Emergency Medical Services and the community in compliance with the Joint Commission Primary /Comprehensive Stroke educational requirements
· Leads and/or Coordinates Regional Interdisciplinary Stroke Quality and System Committee meetings quarterly, or as deemed appropriate in ensure successful program operations.
· Ensures the facilitation of Stroke Quality and System Committee meetings quarterly or as needed at each campus with Multidisciplinary team members
· Provides oversight and assistance to the Stroke Program Data Analyst
· Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to implement evidence based practice and national guidelines into patient care protocols and ongoing clinical practice
· Manages the development, implementation, education, evaluation and revision of evidence based clinical pathways, policies and procedures related to neurosciences and Primary/Comprehensive Stroke Center criteria throughout the region
· Participates in the evaluation of current region stroke programs in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members to develop and implement new programs reflective of the current population needs
· Collaborates regularly with regional marketing director to ensure the branding and communication within Primary /Comprehensive Stroke Center programs are reflective of the current population served within Volusia, Lake, and Flagler Counties along with stroke services provided within the region
· Guides and evaluates care of the Neurosurgery (to include Spine), neurological and stroke patients throughout the continuum of care
· Provides frequent and ongoing communication and collaboration with all neuroscience Medical Directors at each campus to include Neurosurgery, Spine & Stroke Centers
· Creatively seeks opportunities to expand and develop Neuroscience Service Lines
· Works collaboratively with all levels of the management team and staff to ensure compliance with all standards and to provide best practice and optimal patient care to stroke patients
· Works collaboratively with neurosurgeons to integrate quality neurosurgical care into surgical programs
Strategic Planning Responsibility :
· Facilitates short- and long-term strategic planning, business development and marketing for stroke. Develops and measures program goals. Accountable for achieving goals relating to financial, team, service, market and clinical areas.
· Develops strategies, programs and relationships for capturing market share; increasing consumer preference; growing clinical trial enrollment and volumes; maximizing profits; achieving clinical quality; improving customer satisfaction and staff engagement and retention.
· Develops clinical quality standards and measures in conjunction with Executives and leadership team.
· Facilitates physician strategies such as physician recruitment, partnerships, and participation requirements in conjunction with healthcare partners leadership team.
· Develops program expansion into target markets (local, state, national and international) through development and implementation of affiliate, network and physician strategies.
· Participates in strategic planning for stroke service line, physician strategies and recruitment, affiliations, implementation of strategic initiatives throughout Florida Hospital Volusia/Flagler/Lake system, and for service line performance according to goals (market, clinical, team, financial and service).
· Receives direction from Director of Neurosciences as well as new assignments as program develops.
· Regularly obtains data and utilizes information for quality improvement
Performance Improvement Responsibility :
· Monitors system-wide stroke program performance according to goals; develops and implements strategies to achieve goals.
· Monitors clinical quality performance according to goals, and implements strategies to advance clinical outcomes.
· Monitors physician participation according to requirements.
· Develops and implements strategies to achieve cost-savings and operations efficiency when appropriate.
· Works independently
· Supervises clinical nursing staff, non-clinical staff, and Emergency Medical Services personnel as necessary for neurosurgery, spine and Stroke Center education and performance improvement needs
· Works collaboratively with clinical effectiveness directors and CNOs at each campus in the Volusia/Flagler region
· Must use independent judgment in most situations
· Requires self-motivation, multi-tasking, persistence and efficiency with time management
· Develops department policies and considerable interpretation of inter-department policies is also necessary
· Is recognized as an authority on matters related to stroke
· Oversees the organization of Stroke Centers in region
· Non-routine work environment with many guidelines from the American Heart and Stroke Associations, as well as the Joint Commission
Community Relations Responsibility :
· Oversees community outreach programs offered by Neurosurgery, Spine, & Stroke services system-wide.
· Ensures appropriate communications to community constituents relating to stroke when appropriate.
· Develops relationships and fosters collegial relations among matrix departments, hospital administrators, staff, physicians and community groups.
· Reviews and approves all communications to physicians, consumers, media, patients and internal staff.
· Facilitates and participates in community events and programs when appropriate
Staffing/Labor/Supervisory Responsibility :
· Works independently with only very general supervision
· Develops and provides education and training to hospital personnel regarding stroke
· May assist with training of new employees, agency staff and any additional contracted staff
· Must maintain an honest attitude in all contacts with employees, patients, visitors, medical staff and community members
· Regularly interact with employees, physicians and the general public
· Patient contact is limited
· Responsible for overseeing stroke education provided to emergency department nurses, stroke unit nurses, paramedics, patients, and community
· Frequent travel between facilities in V/F region
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Strong business, leadership, communication, decision-making and organizational skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work effectively with hospital administration, staff, clinicians, physicians and community members
· Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel.
· Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
· Skills in strategic planning, business development, goal setting and results management, quality improvement, budgeting, contract negotiation, marketing, operations management, and human resource management
· Knowledge and understanding of implemented change processes effectively
· Possesses knowledge of adult neurology, adult cardiology, and stroke theory and practice
· Maintains skill in using specialized equipment in respective area of practice
· Possesses strong interpersonal skills such as communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution
· Possess sensitivity to cost containment measures creating an environment that encourages this practice by conserving hospital supplies, equipment, and human resources.
· Must be able to operate computer, computer printer, TV, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, LCD projector, overhead projector, and patient care equipment as needed
What You Will Need:
· Familiarity with philosophy, policies, and procedures and organizational structure of Primary/Comprehensive Stroke Center and neuroscience programs.
Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
Current NIHSS Certification
The Regional Neuroscience Program Manager is responsible for the development and coordination of clinical excellence for neurosciences and stroke services throughout the region. The Regional Neuroscience Program Manager works within each individual facility to manage the improvement of the quality of neurological and stroke care provided to patients. Additionally, the Program Manager works with emergency medical services, the community and professional organizations to further community awareness as well as professional education throughout the Florida Hospitals in Volusia, Lake, and Flagler counties.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.