AdventHealth Registered Nurse Compliance Documentation Manager Full Time Days $10,000 Sign-On Bonus $3,000 Relocation Assistance in Daytona Beach, Florida
Registered Nurse Compliance Documentation Manager
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Pkwy Daytona Beach, Florida 32117
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona Beach:
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Education Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supervises the Clinical Documentation Specialists (CDS) in the process of facilitating the improvement in the overall quality and completeness of the medical record documentation.
- Responsible for assuring follow-up reviews of clinical documentation at least every 48 hours or as indicated to ensure that points of clarification with the physician have been recorded in the patient’s chart
- Assures the performance of admission and continued stay reviews using CDMP documentation guidelines to improve the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation
- Responsible for ensuring documentation is technically accurate on a concurrent basis that facilitates the most appropriate code assignment for PDx, PPx, Comorbid Conditions and complications.
- Ensures that the CDC’s facilitates appropriate clinical documentation to ensure that the level of services and acuity are accurately reflected in the medical record to the extent that the physician concurs.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required or if new graduate, offer contingent on passing NCLEX
- Good clinical skills with ICU/ED experience.
- Knowledge of InterQual, Milleman Criteria, Principles of Managed Care, Computer applications, including but not limited to: Windows, Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Good communication skills required.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of coding, Medicare DRG assignments, utilization management, case management / discharge planning and / or managed care is preferred
- Three years’ experience in Clinical Documentation Improvement preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in an acute care hospital required
- CDMP trained by JA Thomas, Associates preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in following specialty areas: ICU, CVICU, ED or PACU preferred
- Knowledge of legal aspects of coding, Medicare DRG assignments, utilization management, case management/discharge planning and / or managed care is preferred
- BS in Nursing preferred
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist
Responsible for development and supervision of the Clinical Documentation Management Program (CDMP) for Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center. Supervises the Clinical Documentation Specialists (CDS) in order to facilitate improvement in the overall quality and completeness of medical record documentation. Develops, communicates and enforces CDMP policies and procedures consistent with organizational, governmental and The Joint Commission guidelines and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.