AdventHealth Registered Nurse Employee Health & Workers Compensation Coordinator PRN Daytona in Daytona Beach, Florida
Registered Nurse Employee Health & Workers Compensation Coordinator AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life, low cost of living on the sunny shores of Daytona Beach, FL.
- PRN Days
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to apply occupational health regulation principles and practices. Strives to keep current regarding Federal and State regulations affecting occupational health and workers’ compensation practices.
- Assists with pre-employment health assessments (Review of Employee Health program, color blind testing, medical health assessment, Tuberculin PPD skin testing or Radiologic equivalent, Lab screening) prospective employee’s first day of employment, arranging for physician’s follow-up to occur on all questionable pre-employment health assessments. In addition, assesses Laboratory and Radiology pre-employment screenings for indication of potential health problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to administer medication provided in the Employee Health Department.
- Demonstrates 100% compliance with mandatory meetings through attendance, written testing or make-up sessions and assumes personal responsibility for on-going education and professional development.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of hospital/departmental policies and procedures regarding Employee Health and workers’ compensation.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of hospital fire and safety procedures; yearly reviews the fire and safety procedure as outlined in the Safety and Emergency Management Manual
- Maintains Employee Health records accurately and completely and takes appropriate measures to promote confidentiality of this information. Demonstrates an ability to assemble and maintain records appropriately in order to increase overall efficiency to maximum potential, while documenting in a clear, concise and objective manner.
- Maintains, monitors and tracks blood borne pathogen exposures as it pertains to Employee Health and workers’ compensation. Maintains accurate and legible exposure files, with strict regard to confidentiality.
- Maintains, monitors and tracks Tuberculin skin testing program for compliance per hospital policy.
- Monitor’s Employee Health records for compliance with vaccination requirements per hospital policy.
- Assist in the organization of employee files, records and pertinent occupational health statistics to facilitate easy access and analysis.
- Employs sound professional judgement and demonstrates creativity in recommending reasonable solutions in the work environment to accommodate restrictions/limitations as it applies to workers’ compensation.
- Assist in the follow up of workers’ compensation investigations at the request of the Manager and accurately documents findings in designated areas and verbally relates findings to appropriate sources.
- Strives to work effectively and maintains good working relationships
- With the personnel staff, department directors, physicians and other personnel associated with the hospital.
- Coordinates personal daily schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Performs duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
- Demonstrates responsibility through responsiveness to others and follows up on matters requiring additional attention.
- Maintaining an open line of communication is nurtured, supported and encouraged and is vital to the success of this department.. Must be able to communicate with all staff regardless of educational level or position. Open to meet with various venders and representatives to enhance knowledge as to the ability of new products and medications. Must be able to work effectively with Administration, physician, staff, patients and a variety of other health related agencies. Must be able to counsel and comfort those involved in work related incidents, especially those associated with exposure to Bloodborne pathogen. and other infectious diseases.
- All employee information is confidential by nature and is secured in locked file cabinets. Computerized information is protected by password. Access to employee information is restricted on a need to know basis or with employee permission (signed release of information form), or upon Subpoena or Notice to Produce. Employees are made aware that any information regarding workers’ compensation claims is forwarded to the provider and legal services representing this hospital facility. All bloodborne pathogen exposure information is secured in a double locked file cabinet, for which the keys are secured to prevent access.
- Associates Degree Required.
- Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license
- Minimum of two years experiences as a Registered Nurse required.
To promote and provide a variety of occupational health care services. To assist employees in meeting specific health care requirements and recommendations as established by hospital policy and governmental regulations. The Registered Nurse will strive to deliver safe and effective care as defined by the Florida Hospital standards of care, and is consistent with the therapies of other discipline.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.