AdventHealth Registered Nurse Radiation Therapy FT Days in Daytona Beach, Florida
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life, low cost of living on the sunny shores of Daytona Beach, FL.
- Excellent health benefits
- Full Time Days
- Provides safe and effective patient care under direction of the physician and/or nurse manager.
- Escorts patients from waiting area into exam room. Obtains and records vital signs following traditional techniques.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients presenting for care, utilizing guidelines established by Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
- Documents and administers immunizations and therapeutic injections, as well as medications, under the supervision of the physician.
- Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing or specialists, as directed by the physician.
- Assists physician with office procedures.
- Performs venipuncture and stat lab work, as ordered by the physician, during the patient visit. Prepares specimens for outside lab testing.
- Documents patient information in medical record that includes observation, care administered, results of diagnostic tests, and patient’s response, when indicated.
- Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician. Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient.
- Accepts and communicates all telephone messages to the physician.
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of all patient care duties.
- Coordinates the physician’s workday and interacts with patients to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Associates Degree Required.
- Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The Radiation Oncology office nurse demonstrated a cancer specific knowledge base and clinical expertise in cancer care to provide nursing care to patients receiving Radiation Therapy under the direction of the physician and/or nurse manager in compliance with established standards and protocols of the practice and Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center goals and objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.