AdventHealth Respiratory Therapist II FT Nights $10,000 Sign on Bonus and $3,000 relocation bonus potential in Daytona Beach, Florida
Respiratory Therapist II Full Time Nights $10,000 Sign on Bonus and $3,000 relocation bonus potential AdventHealth Daytona Beach Facility Address 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, FL 32174 Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Nights
Respiratory Therapist II Full Time Nights $10,000 Sign on Bonus and $3,000 relocation bonus potential
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Facility Address 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, FL 32174
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supervises the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acid. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing: cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms, pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms.
What you will need:
- Must be registered (RRT) or certified (CRT) prior to 2000 by National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 day of employment.
- PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the incumbent's regional hospital.
- FL RRT or CRT license. If CRT licensed, must have a minimum of 4 years' experience.
- One year experience in critical care preferred.
The respiratory therapist provides routine, emergent and critical cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to neonatal (if applicable to facility) pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.