AdventHealth RN PACU PRN II Days in Daytona Beach, Florida
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Daytona Beach, FL 32117Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Flexible schedule
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
- Active Florida RN license required.
- One-year hospital experience preferred. Internship and/or preceptorship required dependent upon nursing experience. Unit specific competency must be met per orientation pathways.
- The majority of employees will require a minimum of 12 months after orientation completed to achieve proficiency.
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), chemotherapy certification, NIHSS, 12 lead EKG experience may be required on some units and can be obtained post hire.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.