All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
· Benefits Day one
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: PT 7-7
Shift : Night
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you’ll contribute:
The Stroke Nurse Navigator coordinates all services required to provide multidisciplinary, quality assured, appropriate case selection and cost-effective care to stroke patients. The Stroke Nurse Navigator serves as a resource for patients, physicians and others serving in the role of educator, quality improvement and consultant to patients referred. Makes initial contact with the patient/family to establish a professional relationship and understanding of the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up regimen. The nurse assesses the patient’s status and works with physicians to determine appropriate plan for patient and assess appropriateness per regulatory and vendor guidelines. Develops, manages and redesigns, as needed, the process for scheduling a procedure through discharge for patients in the Neuroscience Institute Stroke Program. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Develops, plans and implements evidenced-based measures that increases the quality of care for the stroke spectrum of patient care and ensures compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
· Supports and assists with data collection for process and quality improvement while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Works collaboratively with the Neuroscience Institute department.
· Keeps Manager and Director informed and seeks assistance and direction from appropriate individuals when confronted with unfamiliar procedures and techniques before implementing them to ensure delivery of safe and effective patient care.
· Coordinates patient education and care: serves as an ongoing resource for patients and families during their diagnosis and treatment period; communicates information regarding patient status and needs; collaborates with other providers regarding how to best meet needs and sequence care; assesses patients’ learning style and health literacy in order to provide education on the appropriate patient level.
· Navigates a diagnosed patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment phase, ensuring appropriate/timely medical/supportive services. This includes responding to all stroke alerts and transfers from other facilities for INR treatment and/or Neurosurgery to aid in patient navigation.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
o Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field OR Three years Critical care and/or Emergency care setting
o Current valid State of Florida license as a registered nurse
o Current valid BLS and ACLS certification
o Master’s degree in Nursing, Business Management or Healthcare Management
o Previous leadership experience
o Previous experience with projects or program start-up
o Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN)
o National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23024582
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 301 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY
Pay Range: $35.161 - $52.741
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 23024582
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night