AdventHealth RN Transfer Center Supervisor FT Day Daytona in Daytona Beach, Florida
Registered Nurse Transport Center Supervisor Unit AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life, low cost of living on the sunny shores of Daytona Beach, FL.
- Great benefits
- Full time Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Facilitates all admission processes related to the Transfer Center, Emergency Department, Surgical Services.
- Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD and the hospital. Escalates unresolved concerns utilizing the established chain of command.
- Utilizes nursing education, skills, and knowledge as foundations for gathering appropriate patient clinical data to assure appropriate placement.
- Responsible for accepting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups (physicians and their office staffs, callers, fellow employees). Effectively manages customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Assigns beds for all requested in-hospital transfers based on acuity and patient care needs.
- Monitors logistics board to ensure timely movement of patients. Collaborates with EVS to facilitate timely turnaround times for patient rooms.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating medical staff, services and special programs.
- Confidentiality is maintained in sensitive situations or when dealing with classified materials.
- Oversees and supports the work of the Staffing Coordinator and Patient Registrar.
- Completes annual evaluation for the Staffing Coordinator and Patient Registrar.
- Assures efficient patient placement for all direct and ED admissions, transfers, post-operative patients and intrahospital transfers. Follows protocols to secure timely and accurate information from referring institutions and physicians.
- Exemplifies the highest level of customer service skills and etiquette with internal and external customers striving to be friendly and helpful on each call and to answer every call quickly.
- Develops respectful relationships with internal and external customers by listening, understanding and providing solutions to their needs.
- Maintains Knowledge base of navigating the Bed Board System
- Maintains current knowledge regarding EMTALA, COBRA or other state and federal regulations in order to optimize patient outcomes and decrease length of stay.
- Utilizes information regarding patient needs and utilizes the broad array of system resources to meet needs optimizing the value of the service for all facilities.
- Utilizes Case Management, the CMO and the Medical Director (Hospitalists) as a resource to appropriate transfer of patients and availability of services for optimal financial impact.
- Collaborates with physicians in the utilization of admission and discharge criteria and to ensure the best placement for all patients.
- Utilizes reports and all sources of information in order to achieve effective throughput for patients on a daily basis.
- Assures Access Center calls are processed in accordance with the established standards and protocols.
- Monitors call wait times and assists all team members to identify strategies which promote short wait times and efficiency.
- Participates in determining departmental goals and metrics annually.
- Meets productivity standards without compromising quality.
- Provides follow-up calls and communication with both internal and external customers in order to consistently meet the needs of the patient.
- Assumes personal responsibility for raising referring physician customer satisfaction, increasing the number of new referring physicians and for growing the FHMMC market share.
What You Will Need:
- Proficient in nursing computer applications and Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Four years of nursing experience required including a minimum of one year experience as a supervisor, charge nurse or comparable leadership experience.
Active Florida RN license
AHA Basic Life Support (BLS)
The Transfer Center Supervisor acts as a facilitator and decision-maker for all patient transfers, admissions, and inter hospital patient movement. Patient transfers from regional hospitals to FHMMC are facilitated by conferencing appropriate doctors and completing documentation. Is responsible for assuring that newly admitted or transferred patients are assigned a bed in the appropriate patient care location in a timely and customer focused manner. Placement is based on diagnosis, severity of illness and intensity of services needed.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.