AdventHealth Senior Accountant in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Coordinates monthly closing for specific hospital, entity or department. (General Ledger)
- Assists with closing the ledgers each month and at year-end, i.e., preparing and posting journal entries, accruals, reconciling balance sheet accounts. (General Ledger)
- Responsible for insuring that monthly regulatory, corporate, and internal deadlines are achieved. (General Ledger)
- Assists Regional Accounting Manager with preparation and accuracy of monthly internal financial statements for all Region entities. (General Ledger)
- Reconcile assigned bank and investment accounts to the General Ledger on a monthly basis. (Cash)
- Reconciles and records donations/grants for entities on a monthly basis. (Cash)
- Responsible for reconciling detail subsidiary ledger records to General Ledger on a monthly basis, including any CIP projects. (PPE)
- Maintain capital budget records and prepares monthly capital expenditure report (CER) (PPE)
- Assists Regional Accounting Manager with preparation of schedules of documentation for auditors. (Audit & Tax Returns)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to perform complex mathematical and accounting processes; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; in particular using spreadsheets; analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mental effort in multi-tasking complex calculations, interpretation of policies and procedures, GAAP and the ability to meet monthly close deadlines.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Minimum of three-five years responsible full-time work related experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.