AdventHealth Senior Financial Analyst in Daytona Beach, Florida
Senior Financial Analyst AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide and develop profitability, proforma statements and product-line analysis
- Perform financial modeling, forecasting and ad-hoc analysis to assist department heads and Administrative Team
- Perform month-end close contractual allowance calculations using standard template maintained by corporate Internal Audit department
- Direct involvement with the coordination, preparation and training for Budgeting
- Direct involvement with monthly budget to actual variance analysis and reporting
- Provide analytical review of month end reporting and other ad-hoc reports/projects
- Generate and assist with daily dashboards and monthly financial analysis reports of key performance indicators, statistics and financial metrics
- Oversee and review productivity analysis
- Work in conjunction with AHS Decision Support team to maintain Cost Accounting system
- Assist Regional Director of Budget & Finance, Regional Finance Manager and local facility financial management with a wide variety of special projects as assigned within time constraints
- Trains and mentors departmental Financial Analysts and reviews their assigned projects
- Develop statistical, cost, reimbursement, and operational studies using various Decision Support tools and the hospital financial system.
- Assist with development and implementation of Corporate initiatives.
- Works in conjunction with department directors to answer questions relating to operational and financial reports.
- Contribute to improvements in processes, policies and operational procedures
- Assists Regional Finance Manager with overall training, guidance and mentorship of Finance Team
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer proficiency and intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate results of analysis and present to both financial and non-financial leaders
- Mature judgment is required in dealing with new and unexpected situations as they arise.
- Calculation of applicable healthcare-related Key Performance Indicators (Adjusted Admits, Average Length of Stay, Adjusted Patient Days, Full-Time Equivalency, etc.) PREFERRED.
- Financial performance terminology used in standard inpatient hospital settings (Case Mix Index, Productivity, etc.) PREFERRED.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years related financial analysis experience
- Two years related experience in budget development and analysis of budget results
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP) as recognized by the Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred.
- Membership of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) or other healthcare financial industry association.
Provides financial & decision support to the Regional Finance Manager, Regional Director of Budget and Finance and the local facility financial management. As Senior Financial Analyst, provides training and mentorship to departmental Financial Analysts, and may manage or coordinate the Finance team in the absence of the Finance Manager. Direct involvement in preparing and administering the region’s budget (department level and global level). Assists in the development of reports and graphs to meet the informational needs of the region’s hospitals. Provides productivity information to department heads and administration. Perform statistical, cost, reimbursement, and operational analyses incorporating data from the hospital information systems and Decision Support systems. Employee has the responsibility to adhere to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.