AdventHealth Surgical Services Educator Days in Daytona Beach, Florida
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Flexible schedule
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Provides didactic, lab, clinical training, instruction and functional education for all Surgical Services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates orientation for new employees; coordinates, assigns, monitors clinical rotations of orientees.
- Supervises and Monitors Preceptor activities.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the Graduate Nurses in Surgical Services.
- Provides continuing education and in-services determined by the needs of the staff/facility.
- Coordinates preparation and implementation of department specific learning needs through ALN.
- Acts as a resource for staff educational opportunities.
- Guides, directs, supervises and involves staff in developing educational programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in progress
- Current Florida Registered Nurse License
- BLS, ACLS Instructor.
- 3-years Operating Room or Surgical Services nursing experience.
- 1-year teaching experience.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Computer literacy in Word/PowerPoint required.
- Ability to interact as a speaker with excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable of current standards (AORN, ASPAN, SGNA, AAMI, etc.)
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR)
Employees are hired to help AdventHealth extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.