AdventHealth Unit Liaison Full Time Overnights in Daytona Beach, Florida
Unit Liaison AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate health benefits
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Full Time, Overnight Shifts (7:00pm to 7:00am)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Projects a positive, friendly and helpful demeanor while working with patients, visitors, physicians, and staff. Proactively meets and greets visitors to unit. Responsible for maintaining an organized, clutter-free, welcoming environment in the nursing station.
- Responsible for environmental rounds every 2 hours. Environmental rounds include but are not limited to: ensuring patient care items are returned to the bedside table, the over bed tray is free of clutter, equipment is plugged in, nursing alcoves are free of clutter with chairs tucked in, etc.
- Monitors PALS (Patient Access List) and notifies primary nurse of new orders and results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes. Monitors BEDBOARD and notifies Charge Nurse or designee of any discrepancies in level of care, minimum every 2 hours.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, pillows and room temperature).
- Answers the intercom by acknowledging patient by name, placing the intercom on care giver follow up, and responding to the patient’s bedside to identify the patient request. Responds to requests within scope of practice (i.e.: ice, blankets, pillows, room temperature).
- Assists with battery changes and lead placement of telemetry.
- Assists with new patient room set up / orientation. Assists with patient transport needs.
- Serves as a resource for medical and nursing staff, regarding order entry process.
- Assures accurate location of patients within the computer. Removes patients from the computer promptly upon discharge.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Computer proficiency required.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One year healthcare / customer service experience preferred
- Must have current BLS with AHA.
The Unit Liaison is responsible for providing excellent customer service on the nursing unit. The Unit Liaison is responsible for surveying the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) for unprocessed orders and assembling / maintaining medical records of all patients on nursing unit.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.