AdventHealth Unit Secretary Full Time in Daytona Beach, Florida
Unit Secretary Full Time AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach:
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Full Time Day Shift, Rotating Weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, answering the telephone, directing visitors to appropriate rooms.
- Presents a positive attitude when greeting visitors and answering telephones while maintaining security and confidentiality for the patients.
- Answers telephones and intercom in a professional manner and take and relays messages accurately and promptly.
- Completely assembles medical record for each patient.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, pillows and room temperature).
What You Will Need:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months administrative/clerical experience required with one year previous experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Certification of completion of Health Unit Coordinator or equivalent course required.
- BLS required.
- Computer proficiency required.
The Unit Secretary is responsible to assemble, process, and maintain medical records of all patients on nursing unit. The Unit Secretary provides a welcoming and helpful resource for patients and family members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.