All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Time Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth Deland: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland Florida 32720
The role you’ll contribute:
The Catering Associate is responsible for executing catered events and deliveries. Assists customers in a friendly and professional manner providing full server service as needed. Responsible for some cold prep, maintains food safety and sanitation, and practices proper food storage/handling standards in the kitchen and during service. Responsible for the presentation of events and for attractively arranging and maintaining the neatness of the food buffet table, dining tables and banquet room. Maintains the quality of hot and cold food items, ensures recipe specifications are followed, and meets standards for quality, taste, appearance, freshness, proper portions and product labeling. Meets all production/service deadlines and practices cost conscious behaviors. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Communication - Communicates professionally with customers, clients, and vendors. Communicates status of work progress to supervisor, chef, and co-workers on replenishment needs of food products. Alerts supervisor when equipment, product, requisition, quality or accuracy issues arise to avoid delays in preparation and service. Reports food overages and shortages to supervisor for appropriate corrective action and coordinates VIP events.
· Job Knowledge - Utilizes knowledge of menu, recipes, quality, presentation, and garnishes per standards. Sets up all types of events, including coffee breaks and full-service formal china banquets, table covers, specialty napkin folding, flatware, and glassware.
· Service - Provides world-class customer service and is responsible for outcomes of that service. Serves multiple tables, keeps glasses filled, removes each round of plates, and answers guest questions satisfactorily. Anticipates needs and responds promptly at all times and ensures that orders are correct.
· Meal Delivery/Retrieval - Maintains a fast pace in an environment requiring walking and standing for extended periods of time. May walk a minimum of 10-12 miles a day delivering carts. Loads/unloads carts with supplies at off-site events, meets all delivery and clean up deadlines, and cleans and resets banquet rooms according to specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the next event.
· Safety & Sanitation - Ensures all hot and cold food products meet standards for temperature & quality and takes corrective action when needed. Follows all regulatory guidelines and adheres to all sanitation, cleanliness, and safety standards.
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· One year of food service or hospitality experience required
· Able to communicate in English required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24001313
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $16.00 - $18
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 24001313
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day