AdventHealth Clinical Informatics Specialist in Deland, Florida
- Develops, implements, and maintains ongoing training program for clinical information system (Cerner) for physicians, their staff, and facility clinicians as needed. This will include training manuals, computer based training, and identifying and coordinating education needs
- Demonstrates strong customer service focus for all internal and external customers
- Collaborates with other departments as necessary to meet physician/ office staff and facility staff educational needs
- Responds to physician/ staff application concerns as soon as possible, taking appropriates steps to resolve in a timely manner
- Maintains working knowledge of organization activities, applications, concepts and operational procedures. Also communicates suggestions, criticisms and questions to Clinical Informatics Manager
- Assist with pilot programs and any post implementation projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Hospital Information Systems (EHR) Cerner
- Strong computer skills including basic troubleshooting, and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Strong clinical workflow knowledge and order entry skills within a CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) environment.
- Must have knowledge and skills necessary to deliver quality educational instruction to all levels of staff in a clear and concise manner in both written and verbal contexts
- Previous informatics experience in clinical information systems development and/or implementation preferred but not required.
- Will be responsible for knowing how departments relate to one another and process flows in between them Preferred.
- Knowledge of how departments relate to one another and process flows in between them in the hospital and ambulatory setting preferred.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite preferred.
- Associates degree required in healthcare or informatics related fields
- Required minimal of three years healthcare experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Driver’s license required.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist integrates clinical skills, computer science and information science to identify, analyze and transmit information to make it meaningful and useful to clinical practice. This includes the development, evaluation, adaptation and customization of applications, tools, processes, and structures that support clinical practice both in the hospital and office practice settings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.