All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for: 680 PEACHWOOD DR, Deland, FL 32720
The role you’ll contribute: Outpatient Oncology social work is a sub-specialty of clinical medical social work. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) provides oncology social work interventions in the outpatient oncology setting with pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric cancer patients, caregivers and family members throughout the diagnostic and treatment continuum and survivorship. The LCSW has specialized training in comprehensive cancer care and mental health and is skilled in the ability to help people living with cancer improve their quality of life, manage distress, cope effectively, develop strategies, utilize community resources and find hope. The LCSW works in a multidisciplinary collaborative team with physicians and other healthcare team members in determining patient’s medical status, treatment plan and prognosis as they relate to and effect psychosocial care, long-term care, palliative and end-of-life care planning. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes knowledge and skill in all LCSW/Oncology Social Work level appropriate psychosocial activities and interventions. Interventions include oncology distress screenings, psychosocial assessments of the full impact of cancer, illness adjustment counseling, crisis intervention, individual and family counseling, concrete services/case management, and psycho-educational and therapeutic oncology support groups. Interventions include the development of treatment plans with patient and caregivers to enhance optimal psychosocial functioning during and after cancer treatment.
· Assesses patient and caregiver ability to understand diagnosis and treatment needs and work cooperatively with the treatment team in adherence to treatment recommendations. Assesses patient functional, emotional and psychiatric status, provides clinical interventions and refers to mental health treatment where indicated. Assesses patient and caregiver transportation needs, financial status, employment, disability and insurance issues with appropriate referrals for medication and community assistance.
· Assesses patient and caregiver ability to comprehend and adhere to oncology care and participate in the development of treatment plans with patient and caregivers to enhance optimal psychosocial functioning throughout the diagnostic and oncology treatment continuum. Provides professional clinical competency and effective evidence-based best practice counseling in patient care specific to oncology, trauma, palliative care, and end of life, grief, and bereavement in specialized oncology clinics (NeuroOncology, GYNOncology, Radiation Oncology, Medical & Hematology Oncology and FH Chemotherapy Infusion Clinics) working within a multi-disciplinary collaborative team. Conducts depression screenings and administers suicide assessments with a clear understanding of Florida Baker Act Law, to institute the Baker Act and/or work with appropriate physician to do the same, when necessary.
· Experience in clinical counseling, including palliative and end-of-life issues
· Three years of experience in oncology/hematology/palliative care social work
· Current active State of Florida license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
· Excellent written and communication skills with patients, families and caregivers as well as other members of the healthcare team, including conflict management, and advocacy.
· Ability to uphold professional standards by adhering to the NASW Code of Ethics, AOSW Standards of Care for Oncology Social Workers and Florida State Board of Social Work License.
· Knowledge of growth and human development, ethnicity, spirituality, individual personality, sexuality, and family life specific to oncology and illness adjustment for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric cancer patient, caregiver, and family members. Knowledge of advanced directives, including DNR. Knowledge of home health care, palliative care and hospice care.
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal entitlement programs and oncology specific community resources and support programs.
· Ability to maintain a professional appearance and work environment which reinforces a client-centered, therapeutic relationship
· Time management.
· Knowledge of FH and FHCI systems
· Bilingual (English required/Spanish preferred)
· Current, active Oncology Social Work Certification (OSW-C), as administered by the Association of Oncology Social Work (AOSW)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23022745
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 680 PEACHWOOD DR
Pay Range: $27.756 - $41.634
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 23022745
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day