All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Nights
The community you’ll be caring for:
701 W Plymouth Ave, Deland, 32720
The role you’ll contribute:
The Licensed Practical Nurse gives direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse and performs routine duties in caring for identified age specific groups. Approaches patient care using the nursing process of planning, implementing and evaluating outcomes. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Assists with physician exams and data gathering. Performs and documents basic nursing procedures and medication administration. Recognizes potential safety hazards to maintain a safe environment. Functions appropriately in emergencies.
· Administers ordered treatments and medications within scope of practice safely and competently. Performs nursing skills and treatment within scope of practice and in accordance with provider orders and AdventHealth policy and procedure.
· Monitors patient's status throughout shift and reports pertinent patient information and significant findings and on-going patient information to appropriate member(s) of the health care team.
· Properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
· Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Performs physical exam throughout shift including physical, mental, social and spiritual needs.
· Collaborates with RN and makes appropriate nursing decisions and interventions. Recognizes and reports problems. Responds to requests for assistance.
· Demonstrates the ability to interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition and reports as appropriate.
· Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training and education of new personnel.
· Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and AdventHealth policy and procedure.
· Participates in education and discharge planning using established education materials.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of a school of practical nursing
· Successful completion of state recognized licensed practical nurse LPN training
· One year experience in an acute care setting within the last 2 years
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active Florida LPN license required.
· Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) may be required in specific nursing units
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23031771
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $21.686 - $30.98
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 23031771
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night