All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: 680 PEACHWOOD DR, Deland, FL 32720 - Cancer Center
The role you’ll contribute: The Medical Assistant (MA) Scribe role functions within the outpatient medical practices of AdventHealth. The role empowers talented MAs to perform expanded duties in order to help enhance the care delivery of the entire team. The MA Scribe has the opportunity to truly partner with the Physician or Advance Practice Provider with which they work along-side every day. The MA Scribe performs more than just taking patient vitals. They can have continuous interaction with the patient throughout the entire visit and play a key role in supporting the provider in treating the patient’s needs as a whole person – mind, body, and spirit. The MA Scribe takes comprehensive and accurate patient medical histories, properly constructs and documents the patient note via transcription from the provider, all the while simultaneously increasing their medical knowledge and building upon the foundational medical assistant clinical skills. By having the privilege of receiving delegation rights from the provider in the EMR, it allows the MA Scribe to enter appropriate orders for the patients. MA Scribes are a true valued member of the patient care team, working side-by-side with the provider to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow process and helping our patients Feel Whole
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Preparation of patient medical record in advance of patient visit to include ensuring all diagnostic testing results are available. Quality Metric tab must be reviewed and orders proposed as necessary
· Room patients, obtain vitals, administer medications/vaccinations, perform point of care testing, update problem lists, History and Physical Information and Review of Systems
· Accompany physician into the patient examination room to transcribe and document accurately the physician’s encounter
· Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
· Function as part of the patient care team to ensure efficient workflow processes
· May be required to travel as needed to fulfill staffing need
· Knowledge of health care field and medical terminology
· Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing and typing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· EMR experience
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High school graduate or equivalent required.
· Graduate of a Medical Assistant program
· Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
· American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
· American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
· American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
· National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
· National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
· National Certification Medical Association (“NCMA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist
· Current, valid CPR certification is required.
· Experience with Athena
· Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23027359
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 680 PEACHWOOD DR
Pay Range: $15.83 - $23.74
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 23027359
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day