AdventHealth Radiation Therapist Full Time in Deland, Florida
Radiation Therapist Full Time
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland, FL 32720
- Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- No State income tax
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepares the patient and delivers radiation treatments as directed by the Radiation Oncologist
- Calculates required treatment times for optimum patient flow while accommodating the patient’s schedule.
- Evaluates the course of the patient’s treatment and plans accordingly for any changes.
- Personally reviews changes requested by the Radiation Oncologist
- Monitors the patient with audio/visual equipment during the treatment to observe any patient movement and notifies manger of any patient complaints
- Documents all patient information in the treatment record, including but not limited to port films, the use of bolus or other treatment aides.
- Observes the patient for any side effects from the treatment, and adequate pain control, and refers them to the nurse and/or Radiation Oncologist, as appropriate.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure ongoing quality assurance.
- Utilizes the ARIA system for the scheduling of patient appointment times and entering charges.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiation Therapy program
- Current Florida Radiation Therapist license required
- Minimum of at least one year of experience
- Must be a Registered Radiation Therapist (ARRT)
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for performing safe and efficient patient simulations, and applying ionizing radiation to the patient as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. The Radiation Therapist demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times, and is a key member of the comprehensive team responsible for the care of the oncology patient.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.